Saturday, December 28, 2013

Provision

Well, look at that. We've got a single topic for this one.

Yesterday, I had the most amazing time with friends and family, at my going away party before my trip. (For those who were there, add the word "party" to my list of pet peeves.) I spent the entire day with a bunch of incredible people, and really felt so filled afterwards, I cannot express it in words. On top of that, I must have missed the memo that said, "donate to Levi's trip on this day", because when I went through all the letters of encouragement (which I loved immensely) and my YouCaring fundraiser, I had received a whopping sum, and I am SOOO close to my goal. I may have even reached it, we'll find out when I get an update on much has been sent directly to YWAM. This ridiculously awesome combination of friends, family, and support through prayer and finances make me think of God's provision. So, let's get into it, shall we?

I'd only ever heard of it, and never truly seen and appreciated it how distinct and out of my control it is until this trip. When you pray to God, you are praying to a person, a person who thinks and has a personality and is so very real, though you can't see Him with your eyes. I believed all of this, of course, but I'm that person who looks at myself and forgets how forgiving and loving God is, thinking, "Yes, I'll ask for help, but why would he listen?" Because, let's face it, I wouldn't pick me.

But the choosing isn't up to me. This trip is only happening because God Almighty loved me and provided for what I was doing despite how I feel about myself. He heard my prayer, and moved through his Church to make it happen. To be given so much, and so quickly, took me by surprise, and just goes to show God can do whatever he wants. He has that power. But then, such provision isn't just in the immediate, big things, it's in all of life.

I have parents who love me. I have three awesome sisters. I have a host of friends that I count as family. I've a home to live in. I've food to eat. I'm fit and healthy. I have shoes to wear. I have been taught a ton of cool, stuff. I have arms and legs. The list is endless. But, even if I had none of these things, I would still be provided for. Jesus Christ, God SHOWING us how much he loved us, provides for me for eternity. He is all I need, all anyone needs, from the poorest of the poor to the richest of the rich. If you have nothing but him, you have everything.

And so, I thank the Lord for loving me, for saving me, and the cherry on top, for blessing me with so much here on Earth. I thank him for the people around me, for those who have supported me and pray for me. I thank him for Christ, and I would ask you to do the same.


Matthew 6:26 ~ "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

No comments:

Post a Comment